#61 - A gentlemen should...
I have been asked to write about the art of being a gentleman. In doing my research, I have found several good blogs and books on the topic. So, I will keep this relatively short by just listing some of the key characteristics of a gentleman.
A gentleman should always:
- Open doors for a lady
- Walk her to her car or front door
- Walk on the curb side of the street
- Seat the lady first before sitting down
- Dress appropriately for the occasion
- Use good manners
- Be hygienic
- Be honest
- Be a gracious winner
- Be a gracious loser
- Make others feel like they are the center of attention
- Watch your mouth
- Remove your hat indoors
- Wait for others to get their food before eating
- Help a lady with her coat
- Reach for the check
If you have questions on how or why, just Google “etiquette of a gentleman” and you will find plenty of resources.